Before choosing an appropriate policy for yourself, consider the following:
- Purpose of the trip: A general travel will need a different policy tham travel for studies or medical care.
- Traveller’s age: Policies may differ in coverage and facitilities as per age groups, esp for senior citizens
- Coverage amount: Figuring out how much is enough as per your risk profile is very important
- Coverage range: does the policy include all possible scenarios of coverage? Can you manage the exclusions?
- Destination: Certain countries have specific laws regarding travel insurance, and many insurers offer specific policies for specific countries
- Trip duration: The longer the journey, the higher the premium. So look for policies that offer lesser premium for a given set of features
- Credibility and Claim Settlement Ratio of the insurer
- Ease of claim filing process